Thursday, May 26, 2011

Clean Up Your Solar System



I'm not the best housekeeper. You all know this about me. But I am working really hard on it. My mother was awesome at making sure our house was clean more often than not. The result was, we feel more comfortable in a clean house than a dirty one. I want my kids to have that too. So sometimes, we have to get creative.


Often, when Sam and Caius and I are going through the house picking up toys and laundry, we make a game out of it. Sometimes we pretend the toys are "animal's in trouble" and we are Diego and Alicia rescuing them. Sometimes we just have a race to see who can pick up the most things the fastest. But I've got to be honest--I'm running out of ideas.


Enter Sam, Queen of Bright Ideas.


Me: Okay, its time to pick up all our toys and clothes!


Sam: A game a game! Lets make a game.


Me: pause......(nothing, I'm stumped).


Sam: I know! Lets be rockets and we can clean our solar system! I'll clean Mars and you can clean Saturn and Baby Caius can clean Jupiter!


Me: Sam that's a great idea!


Sam: Mommy, be sure to collect lots of space rocks to bring back for science.

No comments:

Post a Comment