Thursday, November 4, 2010

You're Driving Me Crazy

I have found myself more than a little distracted by the much deserved bite in my ass from karma these last several weeks.  The small chores that kept my days organized have become almost overwhelming tasks, and some days just haven't gotten done at all.  I watch my life slip more and more into chaos and the more it does the more helpless I feel against it.  What I need is a distraction from the distraction, something to snap me out of this funk.....

Enter Sam.  My own personal distraction for life.  No matter what has happened in the last several weeks, my daughter is still two.  No matter what is to come over the next several months, she will still be two.  And I don't think it entirely unusual that I've said to her (on more than one occasion) "Goodness gracious Sam, you're driving me crazy!"  Of course we laugh about it and go on about our day.  But it never occurred to me how a two year old sees that statement.

Today we built a fort with a blanket and some chairs and a laundry basket.  We filled it with toys, and when it was time to clean up, used the laundry basket to deliver the toys back to Sam's room.  Once the basket was empty, Sam jumped inside and sat down and I pushed her around the house, accelerating and stopping with much intensity and spinning wildly.  We were both laughing so hard we could hardly breathe, but she managed to get out "Wow mommy!  You're driving me crazy!"  And she was right.  I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment