Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bright Ideas

I believe that children are our future.....

Oh come on. I'm a product of the 80s. You knew it was coming.

But its true. These kids are our future. One day, the ideas that change the world will be coming from my kids. And I must say, I think they are off to a pretty good start. Dr. Sam is already working on a more immediate and satisfying remedy for the common cold.

She woke up with a little sniffle. A constant and very liquid draining. It was driving her nuts. I gave her a little pack of tissues and told her to put them in her pocket. After a very short time, she indicated to me that this solution was not acceptable. So, I gave her a boogie wipe. She let me know immediately this was not acceptable either. I had her sit on the couch and lay her head back on the pillow with a warm, moist towel over her face. This was okay for a few minutes, but prevented her from her morning activity.

It was time for Sammie to think big. "If I have a problem, don't know which way to go....I think and think and think and think! And suddenly I know!" And then, it happened. Sammie had a big idea.

"Mom, I need a band-aid please."

I had to see where this was going. I handed her a bandage. She opened it and.....

TA-DAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem solved.




No comments:

Post a Comment